Monday, February 1, 2010

Good Morning, I was up early to finish an article review that was due by 8:00 AM. Finally got around to updating my blog. Life has been a bit dull around hear. My wife and I took my Father out for steaks last night at the Texas Roadhousse. The steaks have to be tender for him to eat one anymore and they were. Dad cleaned his plate. It probably wasn't the best night to take him out, with the ice and all because he isn't very agile anymore. It's a sad thing to watch your parents begin to fail both mentally and physically. My Mother lived in a Nursing Home for several years becausse of Alxheimers and mental problems. She would disappear and end up brought home by friends from the other side of town. Mom would go on a walk and get lost. She was beginning to live in her memories and would forget which house she was actually living in. My parents lived in this little town (Perry) forever and are known by all. I was born and raised there until I graduated and moved away. We lost Mom this last summer and it was with mixed feelings. Her last few years were so bad, she was practically impossible to understand and you never knew if she even recognized you. I miss my Mom.

Advice: Spend time with your family....quality, loving time.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job.. and the ice storm was helpful in getting more done on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice John about spending quality time with family! It's so important. Good luck this semester with your classes.

    ReplyDelete