Saturday, April 3, 2010

Education Strategy

I have found my Wiki an interesting tool and have thought about using it in my classroom as a remedial strategy. Students that have finished work, need to practice, or have earned computer time can visit the class Wiki. Different pages could be set up for different curriculums and one page could even be a games page. Each page would have approved links to outside sources relevant to the curriculum. There could be message boards and extra credit prompts.

4 comments:

  1. I think the wiki has the most potential for my needs as a teacher. I find myself thinking about assignments and information sources (or links) and videos and... to include on my wiki. I like your idea about extra credit prompts.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to use a wiki in my next classroom! It is definitely great for engaging students outside of the classroom. But there are things that need to happen in order for this to be successful. One being that the teacher has to keep updating the wiki to lure the students to come back frequently. The sky is the limit when it comes to this technological tool but we as teachers must keep up to date with it or we will lose our students interest in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have used wiki with my class and I really like it, especially when I was gone I was able to look and see who actually logged onto the website and did their work and who didn't. I also like that I can enter in the grades from anywhere and I can save paper doing it that way as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a so good idea. If I find your Wiki education site containing a game page, I will bookmark and join in immediately.

    ReplyDelete